Thursday, March 29, 2012

Adventures of Preschool at Home



I LOVE to organize stuff!!!  This is probably one of the things that drives my husband CRAZY about me.  It first started at home but then carried over to my classroom and back home.  Now that I am a stay at home mommy and teacher at home I have been thankful that many of my teaching supplies are organized and easy to find with 3 busy boys!


Our classroom in our basement!!
Garment Rack

Calendar Pocket Chart on Garment Rack

Alphabet on Tree Pocket Chart

I got the Days of the Week and Months of the Year from my friend.




















Your probably wondering why a garment rack in your classroom.  Well it works great for all kinds of reasons!!  I don't have the wall space or bulletin boards like I did in my classroom.  I had this in my classroom but I'm not using it for the same thing now.  It has become our moveable calendar, alphabet chart, number chart, days of the week, months of the year and misc things.  


I also have a basket on the bottom for books and then a stack of magazines laying across the two bars.

Util-A-Mat Reversible Floor Mats



Our basement gets kind of cold and we had these great mats that my husband bought to use to work out on but wasn't using anymore.  Our school area is tile so I thought adding the mats to our area would make it a little warmer and give us some cushion under our feet and bottoms.




Plastic Chairs






I found these at Wal-Mart at the end of the summer season a few years ago.  They were cheap but have worked great and clean up easy.














Wood Table






Nobody at church wanted this jewel of a table anymore to use in their classroom so it made the trip to my house and has been a very sturdy table for us to use.  Plus it was FREE!!






Daily Bins


I wanted a spot for all the items that we would need for each day.  I found these bins at Target in the $1 and $2.50 section.  I used my Cricut to cut out the days of the week to put on the side.  Here is a link to  similar ones from Really Good Stuff. 





Plastic Trays
I love these trays.  They work great for all kinds of different activities.  The ones I have came from Oriental Trading Company several years ago but I have linked you to ones that are very similar here.  


Book Bins

When I first started teaching I would go to Wal-Mart during their Back To School Supply Sale and got the empty 2 pocket folder boxes that they would just throw away when all the folders had been bought.  They were very sturdy and lasted for six years of teaching and then a move to the preschool at church for three years.  I finally broke down and bought what I thought to be enough bins from Target in their $1.00 and $2.50 section at the front of the store.  I linked you to ones that Really Good Stuff offers that are very similar to the ones I have.












Book Labels

A close up of a bin


I have a bin for each month of the year and many other categories.  All the books that are in that bin have a label on the front of it that matches the label on the front of the bin.  It makes it easy to know where to put the book back when finished with it.  I made some of my own labels but used some from the Meacham's website too.








Organization Station Pocket Chart

I loved using this in my classroom!!  Each child had their own pocket to put their work in and it made it very easy to grade all of their work and know what was missing.  Well I finally found a way to use it at home.  To organize all my stickers!!!  Each month has its own pocket.  The label coordinates with the labels that our on my books.






Shoe Organizer

I wish I would have bought a clear one but I wanted to get the project done.  It has been great to keep all kinds of little things organized in it....buttons, paint brushes, glue sticks, brass fasteners, roll magnetics, wiggly eyes, metal rings, pipe cleaners, feathers.....

No comments:

Post a Comment