Tuesday, April 10, 2012

VBS 2012-Amazing Wonders Aviation

Well I love thinking about VBS crafts each year.  It's exciting to try and link the craft to what they are talking about during Bible Story time.  Pinterest has been fun to search and try to get some neat ideas from as well.  But my favorite thing I have found so far was a boarding pass.


I took this idea and ran with it.  I didn't want to just hand out a piece of paper so I took the time to make something that might make it home and get put on the refrigerator instead of immediately in the trash.


I made airplanes from craft sticks, clothes pins, magnets, spray paint and hot glue.  I went through the closet at church and found some stuff but then I used my time wisely and bought colored craft sticks to make the project go a little faster.  I hung the clothespins on hangers outside and sprayed painted away.  While the clothes pins were drying I hot glued the magnets on the colored craft sticks.  Here is a picture of the end result.  I wanted to add a back wing but ran out of time and energy.  






http://www.ayleebits.com/2006/06/10/diy-boarding-pass-save-the-date/


The boarding pass was kind of like a save the date for a wedding reminder.  I also made a QR Code on it to link to the church website where people can find out more information about our upcoming VBS.

















Here is a picture of the boarding pass!!


















Everyone really liked them and thought they turned out really neat!!  Look forward to finding more great ideas!



No comments:

Post a Comment