Monday, March 19, 2012

Hand me downs....

Hand me downs with three boys...I'm beginning to wonder what it going to be able to be passed down.


It has finally happened at our house were some of the pants my oldest son has been wearing either will get handed down as play clothes or turned into shorts or turned into something else.  He loves to slide on the floor like he is playing baseball all the time.  I kept telling him that he was going to get holes in this pants and finally it started happening in not just in his jeans but his wind pants and dress pants for church.  
I was talking about it one day with someone at church and they gave me the idea for the jeans to buy patches and iron them on the inside before they start wearing them to give it extra support.  So I cleaned out the two older boys dress drawers and got their jeans and headed to the basement.
I turned the iron on and got the rest of my supplies...patches, scissors and a ruler.  I used the ruler to measure how far up the jeans the hole was starting to be or already was.  Here are some pictures.



These 7 pair of jeans took me about 10 minutes total.  Hopefully it will work and I will be able to pass down ALL of them and still have some that are nice looking.










"And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased."  Hebrews 13:16

No comments:

Post a Comment